Our venepuncture & cannulation course is model for novices and those in need of a course to refresh and standardise their skills. This qualification is cohesive with all social care sectors from all hospitals to care homes, paediatrics to adults.
This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge in Venepuncture and Cannulation by exploring ideas of care and complications and how to manage these factors.
· Overview of the venous anatomy of the human arm and leg and criteria for vein selection.
· Equipment available - review of the common blood sampling / cannulation devices and safety devices available.
· Practical techniques under expert supervision using the most up-to-date training mannequins available.
· Complications of venepuncture and cannulation.
· Documentation and ongoing assessment of devices.